James Rogers (Ex Officio)
Two positions vacant. Do you love your game and have the skills to be involved in this committee? Please contact Phil Sinnott on [email protected] or 08 8277 2522.
Terms of Reference: Squash SA Committees
Committee Name: Senior Coordination Advisory Committee
Appointment: Appointed by the SRASA Board.
Minimum 4 members (including 1x Board representative)
Must include female and male representatives and a Court Owner
- The composition should reflect those individuals most in touch with social, State Grade and Senior Competition players.
- Knowledge of regional and country issues
Ex Officio: Squash SA Staff
Meeting Schedule: Quarterly
Relationship: The Senior Coordination Advisory Committee is responsible for providing advice and policy assistance to the Board on the development, implementation and monitoring of strategies which increase participation in senior squash programs and activities, tournaments and pennants.
Reports quarterly to the Board on senior participation and programs, objectives and targets as detailed in the strategic plan.
- Work with stakeholders, including court owners and players to develop alternative strategies to encourage players’ participation and retention, including local court run programs, competitions and pennants.
- In conjunction with Court Owners provide input to the coordination of the Senior Tournament
- Calendar established by the staff of Squash SA.
- Ensure there is a balance in the distribution of Tournaments between all member squash facilities.
- Provide advice to the Board as required in the formulation of policy relating to squash coaching, squash coach education and squash development/Pathway Projects.
- Support the implementation of Squash SA initiatives within the framework of the Squash Australia Senior Squash Policy
- Support the Squash SA Women’s Squash Development Sub Committee initiatives
- Review annually and make recommendations where appropriate on Squash SA Senior Ranking Policy.
- Provide recommendations to the Board for State Representation at the National Teams Event
- Provide input to Squash SA planning workshops and Squash SA Strategic and Operational Plans
- Provide support to the Board in the development and review of appropriate polices
- Provide the Board with copies of the Senior Coordination Advisory Committee Minutes
- Provide a report for the SRASA Annual Report