Wayne Aspinall (Chair)
James Rogers (Ex-Officio)
Patrick Stevens (Board Rep)
Terms of Reference: Squash SA Committees
Committee Name: Junior Coordination Advisory Committee
Appointment: Appointed by the SRASA Board.
The Board may in consultation with the individual or organisation involved negotiate to extend the membership of the Committee by that person/representative each year.
Membership: Minimum 4 members (including 1x Board Representative)
• Parent representatives from metropolitan and country regions
• Court Owners representative
• Parent representative who has a child involved in the Performance Pathways Program.
• Squash SA Staff
• Invited representatives from DECS School Sports and Independent Schools
Meeting Schedule: Minimum Quarterly or as required
Relationship: The Junior Coordination Advisory Committee is responsible for providing advice and policy assistance to the Board on the development, implementation and monitoring of strategies which increase participation in junior squash programs and activities, tournaments and pennants.
Reports quarterly to the Board on junior participation and programs, objectives and targets as detailed in the strategic plan.
1. Work with stakeholders, including court owners and players to develop alternative strategies to encourage players’ participation and retention, including local court run programs, competitions and pennants.
2. In conjunction with the Court Owners, review and make recommendations on Junior Tournament Calendar prepared by the staff of Squash SA
3. Review and monitor the linking and coordination of Participation Pathway Programs to ensure there is an increasing retention rate.
4. Develop and review proposals for the Board relating to squash coaching, squash coach education and squash development/Pathway Projects which may include but not restricted to:
• Player Assessment/Scholarships
• Travel Program
• Participation Pathway Framework
• Participation Statistics
• Country Development Tours
• State Team Training Preparation and Travel Arrangements
• Junior Camps
• Schools competition
• Structure of tournaments
• Hosting of national events
• Friday night competition
• Active after school program
5. Monitor and review the implementation of Squash SA initiatives within the framework of the Squash Australia Junior Squash Policy and Squash SA Policy including (but not limited to):
• SSA027 – Child Safe
• SSA030 – Anti Bullying Policy
6. Assess applications for State Team positions in accordance with criteria set out in policy:
• Regulation 018 - Member Protection Policy
• SSA003 – State Team Selection
• SSA009 – State Team Parent Handbook
7. Recommend to the Board of Squash SA the preferred State Team support personnel to fulfill the State Team roles
8. Provide recommendations to the Board for State Representation at the National Teams Event
9. Administer State Team finances/financial acquittals in accordance with policy SSA002 AJC State Team Policy
10. Communicate with Parents of athletes
11. Rank State junior players in the following age groups 13, 15, 17 and 19 in accordance with Junior Ranking Policy
12. Provide recommendations for State Representation at National Events including AJC, AJO in accordance with the following regulations:
• SSA003 – Junior Ranking Policy
• SSA004 – Junior State Team Parent Handbook
• SSA030 – Anti Bullying
• SSA027 – Child Safe
13. Provide advice or make recommendations to General Manager and the Squash SA Board with regard to State Rankings and selection in a broader manner
14. Provide input to Squash SA planning workshops and Squash SA Strategic and Operational Plans
15. Provide support to the Board in the development and review of appropriate polices
16. Provide the Board with copies of the Junior Coordination Advisory Committee Minutes
17. Provide a report for the SRASA Annual Report.